Only a Taberna resident may sign out a canoe. Every canoeist must sign and date the release form. A parent or legal guardian (not a grandparent) must sign for anyone under 18. North Carolina law requires that a child under 13 wear a life jacket whenever a boat is underway. Please remember to put the paddles and flotation devices back in the lock box when you finish your trip. Please observe park hours.
Gate and Canoe Key Sign Out: Canoes can be signed out by the Taberna resident by contacting the Canoe Committee Rick Magda 703-608-7425, Pam Richards 860-304-2460 or the Barnettes 252-671-0394.
TIPS for getting there!
- On Taberna Way, pass Country club to your left. Keep straight until Taberna Way tee’s into Emmen Rd. There is a STOP sign.
- Turn left on to Emmen road. Go to the cul d’ sac at the end of Emmen Rd and park your car.
- You will see a walk around gate. Walk through it and keep going straight (about fifty yards) until you see a small sign board. It has Naturpark information. Read it if you want to.
- Straight and to the left of the sign board is a walking bridge. Walk to the end of it and continue straight on the path.
- You will pass the canoes on a rack to your right.
- Continue about fifty more yards to the gazebo and canoe dock on Brice’s Creek.